I’ve had many people ask me about our route, I was reluctant to post the detailed route because Adventure Cycling Association sells the route maps and I did not want to publish material sourced by them. I double checked and it turns out that they make the GPX route files available for free download from their site. They have separate versions of these GPX files – only available to members – which include the detailed points of interest. And of course, for anyone considering a tour, I strongly recommend buying the paper maps to take with you.
I imported the GPX files provided by ACA into Ride With GPS and did a bit of cleanup. ACA divides the ride into seven sections, so I created seven routes in Ride with GPS; one for each of the ACA map sections. I’ve linked to the routes below. Note that the first section only includes the part we’re doing; it starts in Bar Harbor Maine, and we’re starting about halfway into it.
- Ayer, MA to Windsor Locks, CT
- Windsor Locks, CT to Conshohocken, PA
- Conshohocken, PA to Richmond, VA
- Richmond, VA to Wilmington, NC – we’re probably going to take the Outer Banks Alternate
- Wilmington, NC to Statesboro, GA
- Statesboro, GA to St. Augustine, FL
- St. Augustine, FL to Key West, FL